If you thought watching the sixteenth season of The Ultimate Fighter was hell, just wait until you hear how bad it was to be one of the show's participants, and a winning one at that. As finalist Mike Ricci will tell you, TUF 16 wasn't exactly Dancing With the Stars, where everyone got to take their perfect-bodied Ukranian supermodel partner home and have their way with them (although to be fair, the above video makes the case that there certainly was a lot of banging going on). No, TUF was much, much uglier. In fact, during a recent appearance on The MMA Hour, Ricci admitted that he hated his time on the show so much -- despite being a finalist, mind you -- that he wished he could sue the show for the "psychological damages" he suffered: It was an absolute nightmare, I wanted to sue for psychological damage, I wasn't the same person. I actually thought I had a case, ‘I'm not the same person, I can do this and win.' But, I felt like don't get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into I knew how I was going to react. Even some of the producers in the house toward the end were like, ‘Geez, you're the most institutionalized fighter we've ever seen, we've done 11 seasons and we've never seen anyone like you, you're like a robot now.Much more from this interview is after the jump.
Thiago Alves Andre Amade Dean Amasinger Jimmy Ambriz Matt Andersen
No comments:
Post a Comment